Power Take-Off Clutches - Power Take Off
A Power Take-Off or Power Takeoff (PTO) is a unit which is usually installed on a tractor or commercial vehicle (truck) and can be used to take power from a power source and transmit it to an attachment or separate system.
A power take-off is a system that comprises of of a splined output shaft, designed to be connected and disconnected quickly and easily, and a corresponding input shaft on the application end. The power take-off allows devices to draw energy from the engine.
WPT Power are leaders in the power transmission industry and have been designing, engineering and manufacturing quality power take-off clutches for over twenty years. WPT's mechanical power take-off clutches are suitable for inline and sideload applications on all internal combustion engines with standard SAE flywheel housing dimensions. All power take-offs and parts are 100% interchangeable with existing PTOs.
All Power Take Off units are supplied with sealed ball pilot bearings to eliminate lubriction problems that are usually encountered. Ball bearing throwout collars are optional on 14" Power Take Off units and standard on 311 units.
The WPT Power mechanical power take-off consists of a lever actuated clutch with a shaft and bearings mounted in a rigid cast housing.
WPT Mechanical Power Take-Off Features:
- Supplied with sealed-for-life pilot bearings to eliminate lubrication problems
- Ball bearing throw-out collars are optional on 10", 11.5", 14", 18" and standard on 311 PTOs
- Heavy duty Kevlar is available for heavy shock load applications that require extra tooth strength
- All drive rings are ductile (nodular) iron as standard
- Roller bearings are available for customers requiring higher sideloads